Thursday, March 8, 2012

An eye for an Eye: The Doll by John Saul Review


Blackstone Chronicles Part One
An Eye for an Eye: The Doll
By John Saul

The Blackstone Chronicles is a serial novel with its first installment, An Eye for an Eye: The Doll, released in January 1997.  A serial novel is one continuous story released over time in sections or in this case ”parts”.  In this book John Saul is able to grab hold and throw you into his world, a small town setting where various lives enter-twine.  Take one creepy doll add one crazy woman and you’ve got one hell of a beginning.  I personally wouldn’t say it is scary but I am difficult to frighten.  It was creepy, I will give it that, and definitely weird.   But I must admit the scenes involving the asylum on the hill did give me heebie-jeebies. We don’t know at this point why the asylum is so important or why the partial destruction of it has set about a series of strange events.  This is a great start and I’m excited to get to the next part.   
As always if you have any requests or suggestions email me at:
Be sure to check out my blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment