Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Royal Marriage By Rachelle McCalla Review


A Royal Marriage by Rachelle McCallaA Royal Marriage
By Rachelle McCalla

On her way to her wedding Princess Gisela’s ship is attacked by pirates and she is gravely injured helping her men defend the ship. Her men rush her to King John of Lydia who is a renowned healer in the hopes that he will be able to save her, but when they finally arrive the princess’s injury has become life threatening. Through determination and prayer King John is able to use the knowledge he has of herbs to save her life, but when Princess Gisela was brought to his castle it may be the catalyst to a war.

I started reading the love inspired novels when I was twelve, as I had become a romance fan and my mother didn’t want me reading something inappropriate. I fell in love with the Christian romance books fifteen years ago yet this is my first time reading one of the Historical versions. Rachelle McCalla has done a wonderful job in bringing to life 800 A.D. with action and romance what could go wrong? At times though Gisela is not what I would expect from a woman in this time period, she is highly knowledgeable in fighting, strategic maneuvers, and building. Though this does make the character truly interesting I am not quite sure it fits the time period, but then again I wasn’t there so how would I know? I did have a lot of fun reading this book, you can’t help but become wrapped up into the story.

For More Reviews be sure to visit my blogs at:

No comments:

Post a Comment