Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fledge by J.A. Huss Review


Fledge
I am Just Junco Dot Com Book Two
By J.A. Huss

Junco Coot has just made her way to Amelia the avian capital city where she must undergo the Fledge ritual. Fledge is where she will fight to the death in order to become a citizen. All the while the love of her life and the one who brought her to Amelia, Tier, is on trial for treason for letting her live, and if found guilty it is an automatic death sentence.
Fledge (I Am Just Junco, #2) 
When I first started reading this book I was completely lost, I haven’t read book one so it took me a while to get into the story as the author picks right up where she left off and doesn’t start “flashbacking” until a little ways into the book. After this first hurdle though I really enjoyed the storyline, it is a truly unique science fiction novel. The characters that J.A. Huss has created are so fascinating not only does the author describe the Avians, but through the Fledge she also encompasses beings from other planets with their own unique abilities. The only problem I have with this book is that it is another case of an author finding one particular word that they enjoy and use it over and over, in this instance it is the F word. The fact that it is a cuss word doesn’t faze me, what bothers me was using the same word at least once three sentences in a row, sometimes more than once, though different variances on the same word, in the same sentence. Other than that it’s a great read action packed and so original that I cannot wait to read more of the series.

For More Reviews be sure to visit my blogs at:

No comments:

Post a Comment