Saturday, November 3, 2012

Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison Review


Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, #1)Once Dead, Twice Shy
Madison Avery Trilogy Book One
By Kim Harrison

On the night Madison was attending her prom, she hooked up with a guy who was not her date, left with him, and then he killed her. It turns out the guy was a reaper, and before he could take her soul she snatched his amulet which has allowed her to appear normal, well as normal as a girl with purple hair and skull earrings can be. Now she is determined to get her body back and put an end to her curse once and for all.

I picked up this book from the online library that I frequent because it sounded interesting and I have read some of Kim Harrison’s work in the past, The Hollow Series. I didn’t anticipate how much fun this book would turn out to be, the main character for instance was one of a kind with a quirky sense of humor and struggling to be happy with whom she is, quickly becoming a highly relatable and entertaining character. It only took me a couple of hours to read this book, the audio version is only six hours long, making this a quick and enjoyable read when you have a couple of hours to kill. The only problem I had was that this trilogy started with a short story in Prom Nights From Hell anthology, I have not read this book and I didn’t realize this walking into it, so the Novel picks up right away from where the short story left off (or so it seems) though the author does a brilliant job in catching you up after a while the beginning is a bit confusing. Making in a re-print the publisher will add in the short story, fingers crossed!

For More Reviews be sure to visit my blogs at:

No comments:

Post a Comment